Oil and Gas Plant Electrician Rotational Job Oman
Job Title: Electrician II
Reports To: Supervisor
Is responsible for assisting with the electrical and electronic installations on equipment in the production area. Position requires moderate supervision.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Must have knowledge of MCC and switchgear work
• Must be able to troubleshoot motor controls (energized)
• Must be able to read blueprints and read and interpret the National Electric Code requirements
• Is responsible for making final electrical connections after installation of conduit
• Is responsible for reporting any problems arising during the test cycle on units
• Must be able to assist with troubleshooting issues
• Test control panels and make connections which ensure the function of the panel yields accurate results.
• Certify units, final inspection and test documents
• Make changes to panel selection, wiring, etc.
• Maintain a file of installation design and technique for new units through pictures and diagrams.
• Work with suppliers of electrical components to design hook-ups on panels
• Help with mechanical assembly as needed
• Participate in the Quality Improvement Process as required.
- Must be able to fabricate and install rigid & aluminum E.M.T, plasti-bond, and conduit
- Must be able to use benders
- Must be able to wire and cable installation by hand, by machine and in cable trays
Required Experience & Skills
Preferred Experience & Skills
- Any combination of education and experience which would be likely to result in the needed skills and abilities. Preference will be given to a high school graduate with trade school credits.
- Must have a minimum of seven years’ experience in electrical field
- Background in electronics
- Ability to run pneumatic tubing
Required Training & Certifications
Preferred Training & Certifications
- Requires employee to frequentl type and use a computer and other office equipment, such as copier, printer, calendar, telephones, etc.
- Requires operation of heavy equipment, such as forklift on a rare frequency
- Requires employee to stand for at least 75% of the time
- Requires employee to sit for at least 25% of the time
- Requires employee to constantly climb stairs or ladders to inspecting, repairing and painting equipment and must be able to maintain balance on stairs or ladders without assistance.
- Must be able to communicate and respond to: coworkers, customers and emergency cues/alarms, in person and on the telephone, including use of mobile devices
- Must be able to frequently lift at least # 5pounds
- Requires work in outdoor conditions, including Extreme heat, extreme cold, unairconditioned facility, snow, standorms,sun exposure, strong wind
- Requires work on loud environment
- Requires moving and maintaining self in different positions stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl to accomplish tasks in various environments including tight and confined spaces.
- Must wear all required PPE, including fire-retardant clothing, helmets, face shields, hearing protection, safety goggles, steel-toed boots, as applicable.
- Position requires travel 10% of the time
- Position requires employee drive 25 % of the time, 5% permanent in one location.