- Performs operational checks of assigned wells and facilities to ensure proper functionality and compliance with company safety and environmental standards.
- Measures and records volumes, pressures, temperatures, and other readings as required.
- Follows established guidelines regarding production levels and lease operating expense.
- Performs minor repairs and adjustments on surface production and injection equipment. Gains experience identifying and handling routine problems within training limitations and notify supervisor of necessary additional work and repairs.
- Will test wells to determine production rates and problems.
- Maintains daily production and injection rates within established guidelines.
- Maintains assigned company equipment, including vehicles, tools, computers, etc.
- Maintains accurate and appropriate documentation on all work performed.
- Collaborates with both the operational and HSE team to effectively meet area and departmental HSE goals.
- Complies with all the Company’s Safety and Environmental policies, practices, and programs. Takes corrective action within training limitations. Escalates as necessary.
- Participates in and adheres to all training programs designed to enhance HSE knowledge, safety standards and improve job performance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Experience and Education
- High School Diploma / G.E.D equivalent required
- Valid Driver’s License required
- 5 years oil field experience or 1-3 years prior Lease Operator experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to accept responsibility and accountability with a positive attitude.
- Demonstrated ability to be punctual and reliable job attendance.
- Ability to perform daily tasks including, but not limited to, gauging, minor adjustments, and repairs
- Ability to follow all safety procedures while working independently.
- Knowledge of practical field mechanics and physics.
- Skills to perform repairs on equipment.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle safely and legally as well as drive to remote locations to complete job tasks.
- Broad knowledge and awareness of HSE requirements, practices and issues, and response procedures.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to perform mathematical functions.
- Basic computer knowledge (such as Microsoft applications).
- Knowledge of production equipment workings, basic hand tools, and specialized tools and equipment after training.
- Knowledge of applicable HSE and operational policies and procedures.
Compensation & Benefits
This position is eligible for short-term cash incentive bonus, excellent benefits including full health benefits, 401(k) with company match and immediate vesting, tuition reimbursement, and generous paid time off.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Berry Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.